SMART-E Before/After School Care is run by highly qualified professionals with many years of experience in education, early childhood education, and youth programs. After School Care is available at all six schools in the district and Before School Care is available at the four elementary school campuses.
K-Play Program K-Play is a fun one-hour program dedicated to TK and Kinder students. Offered as part of the morning care service for “Late Birds”, SMART-E offers an afternoon one-hour care time for families with older siblings and “Early Bird TK/Kinders”. Parents can purchase one-hour of K Play time by registering online.
To contact the SMART-E Program Coordinator at each school via email, click here.
A Day in the Life @ SMART-E:
A typical SMART-E day will include the following: healthy snack provided by Chefables, homework help/quiet time, enrichment activities, and outside activity time. Specific schedules will be set on a site-by-site basis.
SMART-E Before School Care is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday from 7:30 am to 9:45 am and Wednesday, 7:30 am – 8:45 am. This program is currently available at Arroyo, Arundel, Brittan Acres, Heather, and White Oaks.
SMART-E After School Care is open from the end of the school day until 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Parents may pick up children from the program at any time. Children must be signed out of the program by an approved adult. At the middle schools, parents may choose to give permission for their children sign themselves out at a specific time to walk home.
There is no additional charge to accommodate children for additional hours for early dismissal time on parent conference days and minimum days.
SMART-E Camps & SMART-E Partner Camps:
We are pleased to offer SMART-E Camps during holiday breaks and summer vacation. These camps are provided by SMART-E and/or our partners such as Legarza Basketball, Silicon Valley Tennis Academy, Steve & Kate’s Camp, Galileo Learning Camps. Students do not need to be current SMART-E members in order to attend these camps.
In the 2017-2018 school year, SMART-E and/or SMART-E affiliated partners will offer camps during these weeks
– Thanksgiving Break: November 20, 2017 through November 24, 2017
– Winter Break: December 21, 2017 through January 5, 2018
– Presidents’ Holiday Week: February 19, 2018 through February 23, 2018
– Spring Break: April 9, 2018 through April 13, 2018
– Summer Vacation: various dates – beginning June 15, 2018 through August 2018
SMART-E Program Locations:
SMART-E is located in dedicated spaces at each school in the district. Before school care is available at the elementary schools only.
The SMART-E Program staff can be contacted directly at the following phone numbers:
- Arroyo – Portable 2 / (650) 508- 8447
- Arundel – Room 1A / (650) 508-1965
- Brittan Acres – Room 17/18 / (650) 508-1840
- Heather – SMART-E Portable / (650) 508-7434
- White Oaks – Room D / (650) 508-8221
- Central – North Atrium / (650) 241-5950
- Tierra Linda – Learning Commons / (650) 740-3693